This UK Visa Application article contains all the information you need to know about how to get your UK Visa without stress. No matter who you are or your purpose for the UK Visa application, all you need to do is read this article to the end and you will have all you need to begin your UK Visa application easily. Correct information has a great way to go when it comes to UK Visa Application especially and that is the reason why am pulling this together to show you every details, information and accurate Intel about everything you should know about UK Visa Application from start to finish.
Either you are searching for UK Visa Application in Nigeria or any other country or you want the UK Visa application form online or you need to know the UK application requirements. Or maybe you want to download the UK Visa application form or you any other things you want to know about UK Visa Application, I will try to give you the best information below.
UK Visa Application
The UK Visa application is a mandatory process you have to pass through no matter what you want to do in the United Kingdom. Either you are on a plan to go for a Tour, to work, to enjoy your Holiday of a vacation, to visit, to study and for business purposes. You will definitely have to pass through the UK Visa application process to practically enter UK.
The process you have heard of or probably seen might seems to be complicated, but with the right information am about to share with you below, you will discover that the UK Visa application is as easy as getting the right information and following the rules.
So as I proceed, you will know the UK Visa application requirements and the documents, the types of UK Visa and I will explain in details how to apply for a UK Visa either in Nigeria or anywhere you are. Just stay with me and ride along.
UK Visa Application – Types of UK Visa
There are different types of UK visas and the reason you want to go UK will determine the exact one you will apply for. You can’t say you are just going to UK without end reason. You will need a reason before you start your UK Visa application which will determine a relative type of UK Visa that will be useful for you.
If for instance, you want to study in UK, you will apply for the UK Student Visa. If you are going as a tourist, for work or for pleasure, you will have a different kind of visa you will apply for which will have a specific date and duration. Without a particular Visa stating your purpose in UK, you won’t even be able to enter the country and if you are found around the street with a valid one, you know the rest of the story.
Below are the types of Visas for UK Visa Application in details so that you don’t apply for the wrong Visa
1. Tier One Visa
There are five different types of UK visas under this category. Please read below as I explained each below.
A. Tier One (General)If you are a fresh Visa applicant, this types of visa is no longer available for you. You don’t need to worry about this.
B. Tier One (Investor)
This the type of UK Visa application you will go for if you are entrepreneurs who have legit plans to invest in the United Kingdom to develop the economy.
C. Tier One ( Entrepreneur )
If your purpose is to start a business in the United Kingdom, this is the type of UK Visa Application you will go for.
D. Tier One (Graduate entrepreneur)
You are a recent graduate with a technology or ideal business ideas and you want to implement this great Idea in the United Kingdom, this is the type of Visa you will apply for. The officials will evaluate your ideas to make sure it’s not just some science fictions.
E. Tier One (Exceptional Talent)
A UK Visa application type that is available for young individuals with nomination mostly from educational institutions for their exceptional abilities.
2. Tier Two Visa
In the ordinary term, we can refer to this as a work permit. This is available for everyone who has been offered a provisional employment in the United Kingdom. You must already have an employment letter signed by the company or organization ready before you start this UK Visa application processing.
3. Tier Four
This is what is known as the UK study visa. If your purpose is to study in the United Kingdom, then this is the type of UK Visa application you will go for. Any academic programmes you want to run in in the UK, this is the visa for it. Remember you cannot apply for a UK study visa if you don’t already have a provisional admission in an institution in UK.
If your purpose is to study, you will have to apply for an admission into a school and wait for your admission letter before you start your UK Visa application for student visa. The admissions letter is an important document you will need to attach to your document for the processing.
4. Tier Five Visa
This is also like a working visa but have limit to some kinds of organization. It applies to the following workers.
- Charity workers
- International agreement
- Sportsmen and women
- Religious Workers
- Mobility Scheme and Youth development
If any of the reasons above is why you are going to UK, what you will need is the Tier Five UK Visa application.
5. Family Visa
The type of UK Visa application is for people who have a family who are residents of the United Kingdom and they want to pay them a visit. This type of visa will be possible on the condition that you have a family over there in UK. They will send an invitation letter to you which you will attach with documents that you will take to the embassy. A particular period of time will be on the Visa and the longest times is 6 months. This information are important if this is the kind of UK Visa application you want to opt-in for.
6. Visitor Visa
Entertainers including actors and musicians, people going for medical care, tourists, academic visitors including lecturers and students exchange are fit for this type of UK Visa application. The period is for 6 months and after the period expire, you will have to go back to your Country.
Those above are the types of UK Visa application. If you need more explanation or you want to ask any question about anyone above, just ask me below in the comment box.
UK Visa Application Requirements
Now that you have enough information about the different types of UK Visas, it is time to show you the UK Visa application requirements.
Every country has their own different requirements, but you will have to take the United Kingdom with all seriousness because a little mistake or misinformation can lead to a rejection. Please, I need you to pay a serious attention to these important UK Visa application requirements. Once you get the information right, you don’t need to worry about rejection or consular officers not approving your Visa.
The Uk Visa application requirements are below are general and will be useful for you whichever types of visa you want to apply for:
1. All applicants must have the ability to converse and express his or herself in an understanding English language.
2. Financial Capability. All applicants must have the financial ability to finance their stay in the United Kingdom for the period of time on their Visa. As a student, a tourist or a visitor you need to show an evidence you can take care of yourself financially. If you are visiting your family, they have to provide the evidence that they can take care of you.
3. You must be able to defend the purpose of your visit to the United Kingdom.
4. You must provide all the necessary documents which I will talk about in the next section.
You have all those UK Visa application requirements above, then let’s talk about the documents you need.
UK Visa Application Required Documents
The below documents are very important in processing your UK Visa. They all have to be authentic and originals. As you go to process your UK Visa, you need to attach these documents to it.
1. The UK Visa application form. Make sure you fill it accurately and avoid mistakes.
2. A recent valid international Passport. It must be valid and legit.
3. An evidence of the UK Visa application fees.
4. A color passport size photographs. It must be recent and beryl clear.
5. Visitor Visa applicants will need an invitation letter from the family over there. The UK students visa will require an admission letter from your school in the United Kingdom. A work visa will need an employment letter from the company in UK.
6. A financial statement is another document you cannot do without. This document will include bank statements for the past 6 months.
A study visa will require a proof of financial Capability for the period of your study.
For visitors, your family or friends over there will provide an evidence that they have all it takes to take care of you through your stay.
7. Students will provide an admission letter from the institution in UK. Visitors will need an invitation letter. Work will need a letter from the company in UK that will state your purpose and your job position with them. If you are going for medical care, you will need a letter from the doctor or consultant in UK that will show the condition of your treatment.
If you are a tourist, you will need an itinerary that will specify the duration of your stay.
UK Visa Application Form
You can get this form online and you don’t need to visit a physical office to collect the form. In fact, a form is an online form. You will only print it after you have filled it completely. Click here to start filling the form.
You can also click here to visit their official website for more inquiries.
How To Apply For The UK Visa
Applying for your UK Visa of any category is something you can do by yourself. You don’t have to pay some random guy who promised to do it all for you while you sit at home before your television. There have been stories that touch and you don’t have to lose your money for anything. You can do it all by yourself.
Below are the steps to take to apply for your UK Visa.
1. Visit the UK Visa application websites from your browser. Use a laptop or a computer.
2. Then fill the online form correctly without errors or mistakes. Do not provide any false information or miss information or any kind. Be honest and plain as possible.
3. Pay for the visa application online with your Master Card.
4. Submit after verifying all the information and then print a copy. This copy you will print is very important.
5. There is a 12 number code that will generate after hit the submit button. That is your GWF number and you need to keep it safe.
6. After submission, go to the UK embassy and schedule an appointment with the consular officers.
7. Keep to your appointment date and get to the visa application center on time.
UK Visa Application Rejection
There are a lot of things that can make the officials deny and reject your UK Visa application. Below are a few reasons why the UK consular officials might reject your application.
- Invalid passport or travel documents
- False Documents or information
- Lack of enough financial ability
- A deportation order is already on your application
- A history of crime with up to four years in jail
- Overstaying during your last visit to UK
- Lack of genius reason
- Non-compliance with UK Visa application requirements
- Submission of fraudulent documents on a previous trip to the United Kingdom.
- No being honest about a criminal background
UK Visas Application Center Addresses in Nigeria
Abuja Address: UK Visas Application Centre, 3rd floor, El-Yakub Building beside Metro Plaza, Plot 1129 Zakariya Maimalari Str., Central Business District, Abuja, Nigeria.
Working Hours: 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM Monday – Friday
Lagos Address: UK Visa Application Centre, Ground and 1st Floors, Etiebets Place, 21 Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
Working Hours: 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM Monday – Friday
Thank you so much for reading. If you have any other questions, you can just ask me below and I will give a reply in 2 minutes or less. Please Share!