The NYSC management have a very important tips for every corps members partaking in the coming election. Below is the official statement:
The National Youth Service Corps has been in the forefront of entrenching good democratic governance in the country.
Its involvement in previous elections has brought credibility to the country’s electoral process at different times. See also: Corper Butchered By Robbers In Nasarawa (Photos)
Meanwhile, as 2019 General Elections draw near, Corps Members on election duties must take note of the following as unbiased umpires:
- * Abide by the Electoral Laws bearing in mind that violators would be prosecuted.
- * Be polite while addressing voters, security agents and others in the course of the elections.
- * Go to your duty posts with fully charged phones, power bank and enough call cards in order to make calls when necessary.
- * Report to your Registration Area Centres (RAC) and Polling Units in NYSC uniforms for proper identification.
- * Ensure you are with valid NYSC Identity Cards throughout the election periods.
- * Avoid free ride but use only INEC accredited vehicles for election duties.
- * Do not collect money, food or drinks from any politician/party agent before, during and after the elections to avoid being induced.
- * If there is security threat, run to a safe location, preferably a military or police post/checkpoint.
- * While on election duty, do not struggle with any armed person that may want to hijack electoral materials from you. Hand over all materials in order to save yourself from avoidable attack.
Management places priority on the security and welfare of all Corps Members on National Service.
Wishing you all a hitch free, rewarding and memorable election outing as you make the Scheme proud again.