Canada Visa Application form in Nigeria is the next thing that will be over your mind if you are planning to go to Canada for any purpose. I want to tell you that the Canada Visa application in Nigeria is easy and straightforward especially when you have the right information. I am going to explain in details and as simple as I can to make you understand everything there is to know about the Canada Visa application in Nigeria.
Most of you probably not searching for Canada Visa application in Nigeria directly, you are searching for Canada Visa application form pdf, the Canadian embassy in Nigeria address, the Canadian embassy in Nigeria student visa application, Canada Visa Nigeria processing time and Canada Visa requirements. The fact is whatever you are searching for in relation to Canada Visa application this article will be very useful for you. I Am not leaving anything out and am not in a hurry. I am going to stay here with you to explain everything you should know about Canada Visa application in Nigeria.
I have to warn you before I proceed no to pay any random guy you meet on social media who is promising to process your Canada Visa application in Nigeria. Most of these random guys are scammers who will disappear with both your money and your privacy. Canada Visa application in Nigeria is what you can do and should do by yourself. There have been enough stories that touch and you don’t really want to experience it. The Canadian embassy in Nigeria which I will discuss below have open offices and that is the safest way to process your Canada Visa application in Nigeria.
Canada Visa Application In Nigeria
Canada is a very beautiful highly developed country in North America continent that has its Location right above the United States. Due to numerous opportunities and very many other things, the demand to go to Canada is very high all over the world. People just love to visit Canada. You also have made a good decision as you are either planning to go to Canada or you just want some information about Canada Visa application in Nigeria. There are lots of Nigerians over there and if you join them, it’s not a bad thing. Just stay with me as I take you through this amazing guide about how you can get to Canada.
Categories Of Canadian Visa
There are several categories of Canada Visa application and your purpose in Canada will determine the category you fall to. Let me explain this way before you start processing your Canada Visa application in Nigeria, you will need a reason. Do you want to go for vacation, business, work, study, visit or you are just on transit. If your purpose is to take some courses, and academic programme, you will apply for the Canadian student visa. You can’t just go to Canada for no reason. The reason will define the types of Canada Visa application you will go for.
There are generally two Categories of Canada Visa application in Nigeria.
- Temporary Canada Visa
- Permanent Canada Visa
Temporary Canada Visa
The temporary Canada Visa is exactly what you are thinking from “temporary”. It’s a visa that allows you to stay in Canada for a particular amount of time. It could be for tourism, studying, working or visit to the family. The idea is you come to Canada for a purpose and after a period of time, you will go back to your own country.
I will still talk about this in details below.
Permanent Canada Visa
This is the type of Visa that allows the applicants to work and live permanently in Canada on a path to becoming a Citizen. I am not going to talk about this in details but if you need any information, you can ask me below.
The temporary visa is our business here and I will talk in details about each type of Canada Visa application in Nigeria that is under this category.
Temporary Canada Visa
The temporary Canada Visa is the one that gives you the ability to stay in Canada for a specific period of time according to the Canadian Consulate officers. The times of most of the categories can be up to 6 months. The temporary Canada Visa can be single entry or multiple entries.
The Single entry visa is the type that allows you to enter Canada for once, and then after 6 months, you will voluntarily return to your home country.
Multiple entries will allow you to enter Canada multiple times till your visa expires.
I am going to still talk about some categories of Canada Visa application in Nigeria under the temporary Canada Visa like Student Visa, work visa, business, tourist visa, and others. But before I go into that, I want to talk about the general required documents for Canada Visa application in Nigeria.
This is because each temporary categories of Canada Visa have their own respective documents which I will list when am talking briefly about each of them. I am going to list the general document requirements and then under each temporary categories, I will talk about the respective documents.
General Canada Visa Application Requirements
These requirements are very important and might lead to denial of your Canada Visa application in Nigeria if there is a mistake or a false information. For you to be able to travel to Canada from Nigeria, you must have a clean criminal record of any kind. You must be able to communicate in English language and you must clearly state that after your stay, you will return back to your Country.
Once all those above are set, then you can prepare the following requirements below.
- A complete visa form that you have filled with accurate information.
- The original and the photocopy of your valid Nigerian international passport. The passport must be valid up to 6 months beyond your staying date in Canada with 2 blank pages.
- A recent and very clear passport size photographs.
- Evidence of the Canada Visa application in Nigeria payment.
- A clear evidence of financial Capability. You have to present a proof that you can cater for your expenses throughout your stay in Canada. I recommend bank statements, pay slip and proof of investments.
- If you have a sponsor, that is, somebody or an institution will be financing your trip to Canada, you have to enough evidence with bank details that they can carry all the expenses and not leave you stranded.
- Evidence of a strong connection to Nigeria either by employment, letter, business or assets.
- Travel itinerary and copies of flight book ticket with evidence of your accommodations reservation in Canada.
- Medical fitness certificate as proof that you are healthy and free of any disease of any kind.
- You must present documents about your previous visit to Canada if you have been there before.
- For minors, children under the age of 18. You have to present a valid letter of authorization from both parents or legal guardians. Assuming a minor is traveling with one parent, either the father or the mother. A letter of authorization with a signature of the other parent or legal guardian should be available.
- The consular official might asks for a biometric verification.
- The consular official might ask for additional documents. Just be ready to provide them.
Those are the general documents requirements above. The next thing to talk about are the various categories of Canada Temporary Visa with their specific required documents.
Types Of Canada Temporary Visa
Remember the Temporary Canada Visa application in Nigeria allows you to stay in Canada for a period of time. The following are the categories of Visas under the Canadian temporary visa
Canada Study Permit
This type of Canada Visa application in Nigeria is for people who want to study of further their education in Canada on a temporary Base. With this Study permit, you will be able to attend any institution in Canada for an academic purpose for a specific time. The visa will be valid all through your study programme with an additional of 90 days. You can use this type of visa multiple times but you will have to provide an evidence that you are still a current student in your institution. It might take 38 days for you to process your Canada student visa application in Nigeria and the cost is N28,000.
- In addition to the general documents above, you will have to present an admission letter with the detail of your programme and when you will be through with your studies in Canada.
Canada Business Visa
This is the type of the Canada Visa application in Nigeria for people who want to go for business in Canada. The holder of the Canada business visa can stay for up to 6 months. IF you want to extend your visa times, you should do so 30 days before the current one expires. Minimum of 38 days for the processing and it cost N28,000
The general documents above
- An invitation letter if you have a partner in Canada. But if you are going to start a business, you will have to provide a letter stating everything about what you want to do in Canada.
Canada Work Permit
Another of the Canada Visa application in Nigeria is the work permit. This is for anyone with an intention to work in Canada for a period of time. The maximum years you can stay to work in Canada is four years including an extension at your own choice. The first work permit will be only valid for 24 months then you can keep doing subsequent extensions. It takes 12 weeks to process and the cost is N28,000.
- In addition to the general documents above. Your employer in Canada will present a letter of invitation with details of the kind of work you are going to Canada to do. Your employer in Canada will be the one to sponsor this Canada Visa application.
Temporary Foreign Visa
This is the type given to those people who have a job offer in Canada and will only work for about 6 months.
- In addition to the general documents, you have to present a valid job offer letter from your employer in Canada.
How To Apply For Canada Visa in Nigeria
There are two options for the Canada Visa application in Nigeria. You can either apply online or through a VFS Global visa application center. This process of Canada Visa application in Nigeria through a VFS can be very slow and time-consuming because it might take some time to process the application. So online is my recommendation.
Canada Visa Application Online in Nigeria
For you to successfully process your Canada Visa application in Nigeria online, you will need a standby scanner for digital copies of all your documents and a working Credit card to make payment. This website is where you do the online application.
How To Apply For A Canadian Visa
Either your choice is through the IRCC online or you want to apply in person, this is the steps to take.
1. Fill the application form with all honesty and sincerity.
2. Gather and scan all the necessary documents as above
3. Pay for the visa
4. Submit the documents and follow all the instructions. The made on papers is what you will submit in person. At the Canada Visa application center.
Canada Visa Appointment
You will immediately schedule a Canada visa appointment after you pay for the Visa application fee online through the IRCC website. You must print the appointment document as it stands for evidence that you actually scheduled for an appointment.
Below are the documents you will need:
- International passport
- Passport-sized photo
- Completed form
- Supporting documents
Canada Visa Processing Time
They type of the visa you want to apply for have a lot of influence about the time to process it.
For Nigerians who want to apply for a Canadian study visa. it can take up to 16 weeks (4 months) and if it is an application for a visitor visa, it might take up to 72 days.
It is important that the applicants have to come in person to collect their visa. You should go for your passport and the rest of their documents yourself. They could also pay for a courier service but a third party cannot collect on your behalf.
Lagos Canada Embassy Address
Canadian Deputy High Commission
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Telephone: (234 1) 262-2512/13/15
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (234 1) 262-2516/17
Abuja Canada Embassy Address
High Commission of Canada to Nigeria
13010G, Palm close, Diplomatic Drive,
Central Business District,
Telephone: (011 234 9) 461-2900
Fax: (011 234 9) 461-2901
Email: [email protected]
Now you know and have every information you need about Canada Visa application in Nigeria. If you have any questions, just ask me below.