This Cost of Nigerian Passport Renewal article will give you everything and every detail you need to know to renew your Nigerian Passport easily. Renewing a Nigerian Passport is as easy as following some instructions and taking some steps which am going to reveal to you in details.
If you have been searching for the cost of international passport renewal 2019, how much is international passport in Nigeria 2019, renew Nigeria Passport before it expires, or can I renew my Nigerian Passport before it expires. This article will be useful for you because am going to solve every question about the cost of a Nigerian Passport and every relating questions you have. Read also: [Canada Visa Application in Nigeria – Best 100% Guide]
Cost of Nigerian Passport Renewal
So your Nigerian Passport will expire very soon, the next thing you are thinking about is renewing it. You know how bad carrying an expired Nigerian Passport can be and you don’t want to be caught up in any issue. So the best thing is to renew it and am here to show you the procedure and the exact cost of Nigerian Passport renewal.
The cost of Nigerian passport renewal depends on how many pages you need in your booklet and also depends on your age. I am going to explain below. Your renewal Passport can have 64 pages or 32 pages in it depending on how you want. Read also: [US Visa Application Best Easy Step By Step Guide]
Cost of Nigeria Passport Renewal For 32 Pages
If the one that has 32 pages is the one you want, the renewal fees are these:
- From age 0 to 17 years old, the cost of Nigerian Passport Renewal is N8,750
- If you are between 18 to 59 years of age, the cost of Nigerian Passport Renewal is N15,000
- For people who are 60 years and above, the cost of Nigerian Passport Renewal is N8,750.
Cost of Nigeria Passport Renewal For 64 Pages
- If the type you want is the 64 pages, the fee is N20,000 regardless of your age. You will have to pay the same amount.
Important Things To Know
- You should also note that you will need to pay N2,000 for the address verification fee which does not include bank charges.
- The administrative charge is never refundable. Once you pay, there is no change of mind. Even if you do change your mind, you can’t get your money back.
- If any mistake happens during the payment of the cost of Nigerian Passport Renewal, you will get your money back. Read Also: [UK Visa Application Full Details From Start To Finish]
The Cost Of Nigerian Passport Renewal For People Abroad
You are not in Nigeria and you want to renew your Nigerian Passport, below is the fee.
For The 32 Pages Booklet
- People between the age of 0 to 17, the passport renewal fee is $65.
- For people from the age of 18-59, the cost of Nigerian Passport Renewal is $94
- People from 60 and above will pay $65 for the renewal of their Nigerian Passport.
If you want to go for the 64 Pages, then the amount for the renewal is $125 regardless of your age.
The cost of Nigerian Passport Renewal is applicable to every consulate, high commissions and embassies.
Things You Need For Nigeria Passport Renewal
This is for those who want to know the procedure to renew their Nigerian Passport. In case this is the first time you want to make a renewal or you just want to know about the procedure before the current one expires. To process the renewal of your Nigerian Passport, you will need to present the following:
- The passport booklet
- An application letter
- The proof of payment and the acknowledgment slip
- Photocopies of the passport data page
- In case you might want to renew your passport before it expires with about 6 months validity, you need to provide a reason why you want to renew it so early in addition to the above documents.
How To Apply For Nigerian Passport Renewal
Now that you already know the cost of Nigerian Passport Renewal and the documents you need, I will show you how to apply.
You remember the procedure you passed through when applying for the passport in the first place, that’s the same procedure you will go through when you want to renew your Nigerian Passport. See the step below:
Step 1. Click here to go to the official immigration website and complete the passport application online.
Step 2. You must make the payment and you will get an application ID with reference. You are worried about how to make payments, that website above have all the information.
Step 3. During your application, you will have the chance to select a passport office of your choice. After the application and payment, you will take all the documents about very and proceed to the office you selected during registration.
If you are not in Nigeria, you will have to take your application with the above documents to the nearest Nigerian consulate High Commission embassy.
You should also know that if your passport is older than 6 months, you must provide your picture with your biometric data at the immigration office.
The next things you do after that is waiting for your passport to be ready and you go to collect it.
It’s as simple as that and is sure you already have information about the cost of Nigerian Passport Renewal, the documents you need and how you can apply.
If you need any other information or you have questions, am just down below in the comment box. Thanks for reading.